Teepid is a platform that provides an e-commerce marketplace ecosystem that connects customers to the products and service providers. Teepid is committed to secure processing of personal data it acquires from or pertaining to the users of its mobile device software application (Teepid App) and/or services.
This Policy applies to the customers, users, agents, vendors/merchants, partners, contractors and service providers.
Collection of Personal Information/Data
Teepid collects and processes personal information or data voluntarily provided from or pertaining to the users, merchants, contractors, service providers, and independent drivers registering through the Teepid App, or any interactions in any form or by means with Teepid.
Personal information/data may be collected through the normal operation of Teepid Apps, Websites and Services.
The common type of data collected by Teepid, generally includes the following:
- Personal information such as full name, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers;
- Sensitive personal information such as date of birth, nationality, marital status, gender and education;
Purpose of Collection and other Processing of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information/Data
Teepid collects and otherwise processes the above mentioned information/personal data for the following purposes:
- To publish a User’s proposal to engage the services of a Participating Driver, which include Private Carrier Services of the User’s package/s, parcel/s, delivery item/s or part thereof (“Shipment”) for compensation to be determined in accordance with the prevailing rates on the Website or the Teepid App (“Order”), depending on which platform is used to place the Order, as well as the Order and Purchase of the Shipment from accredited Merchants;
- To confirm or clarify an Order;
- To track the booked vehicles;
- To determine compliance with the User’s or Participating Drivers’ Terms and Conditions;
- To address Users’ complaints against the Participating Driver concerned;
- To verify the truthfulness of the personal data provided;
- To facilitate the availment and monitoring of the discounted products and services, special promotions and other benefits (the “Benefits”) by Users or Participating Drivers from Teepid and/or Teepid’s merchant partners;
- To facilitate Users’ use of the Private Carrier Services;
- To facilitate Participating Drivers’ provision of the Private Carrier Services;
- To facilitate the Orders and/or purchase of the Users’ from the Merchants;
- To facilitate Users’ and Participating Drivers’ use of and access to the Website and/or the Teepid App;
- To administer Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ accounts;
- To facilitate Users’ payment for their Orders;
- To facilitate Participating Drivers’ receipt from successfully completed Orders;
- To facilitate Merchants’ receipt from successfully completed purchases;
- To provide Users updates on the fulfillment of Users’ Orders;
- To customize Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ access to and use of the Website and/or the Teepid App;
- To carry out research on Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ demographics, behavior as consumer and individual preferences;
- To monitor Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ use of the Website and/or the Teepid App;
- To comply with the orders or regulations of enforcement agencies, judicial and quasi-judicial bodies, or other competent government authority;
- To fulfill the legitimate objectives of Teepid as a duly registered corporation, including any and all contractual obligations that Teepid may have entered into that are necessary or directly related to the services provided, the performance of which being at all times consistent with the Data Privacy Act (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (DPA IRR), issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) and other applicable laws and regulations on data privacy;
- To protect Users, Participating Drivers, merchants, and other accredited/recognized partners;
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims in favor of or against Teepid;
- To prevent fraud and illegal activities;
- To provide information on promos or discounts;
- To market Teepid’s services;
- To fulfill any purpose directly related to the above purposes
Disclosure, Storage and/or Transfer of Personal Information/Data
Teepid does not share all personal or sensitive information/data collected from its Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ and uses appropriate measures to keep the personal data and confidential and secure. The personal data collected will be processed by Teepid’s authorized staff or agents, on a need-to-know basis, depending on the specific purposes for which the personal information or data have been collected.
All employees and personnel of the company shall maintain the confidentiality and secrecy of all personal data that come to their knowledge and possession, even after resignation, termination of contract, or other contractual relations. Personal information or data under the custody of the company shall be disclosed only pursuant to a lawful purpose, and to authorized Teepid of such information or data.
Such information/data collected may be disclosed and/or transferred to accredited/affiliated merchants, third parties, or government agencies, whether local or foreign, upon express consent of the Users, Participating Drivers, merchants, and other partners, for the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under the law;
- Users, Participating Drivers, merchants, and other accredited/recognized partners
- Subsidiaries, parent company or other related companies;
- Service providers who provide technical, operational and/or logistical support for all functions necessary, desirable to or in any manner related to the business of Teepid;
- Courts, quasi-judicial agencies and tribunals, as a response to an order, subpoena or other legal processes;
- Law enforcement personnel, government agencies and other state entities in the exercise of their investigative or regulatory powers;
- Entities engaged by Teepid to assist in establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting Teepid’s rights and assets;
- Corporate and institutional partners;
Retention of Personal Information/Data
Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other accredited/recognized partners’ personal data collected or otherwise processed by Teepid shall be stored in secure online storage platforms, protected cloud infrastructure and on-site drives of Teepid which are only accessible to Teepid’s authorized employees. Teepid uses industry-standard encryption to provide protection for the information and requires Users, Participating Drivers, merchants, and other partners to verify their identity through their log-in username and password before they can amend information on their accounts. Physical copies of said personal data, if any, shall be stored in Teepid’s offices in secure and monitored rooms accessible only to duly authorized personnel.
Teepid will retain Users’, Participating Drivers’, merchants’, and other partners’ personal data for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed are not accomplished.
Cookies and Advertising on Third Party Platforms
Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit Personal Data about you and your use of the Service, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session.
Protection of Personal Data
Teepid implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the personal information collected, entered, submitted or accessed by the customers, users, agents, vendors/merchants, partners, contractors and service providers.
Disclaimer Regarding Security and Third Party Sites
Teepid do not guarantee the security of personal data and/or other information that the Users, Participating Drivers, Merchants, And Other Partners provide on third party sites. Teepid do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data that is in our possession or under our control. The personal and sensitive information/data collected is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by authorized personnel/employees who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. When an order is placed, or personal or sensitive information/data is accessed by the Users, Participating Drivers, Merchants, And Other Partners, Teepid offers the use of a secure server. All personal data or sensitive information that the Users, Participating Drivers, Merchants, And Other Partners supplied is encrypted into Teepid’s databases to be only accessed as stated above.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third party websites to link to, and frame within, the Site. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our visitors. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
Therefore, Teepid has no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for the Users’, Participating Drivers’, Merchants’, And Other Partners’ convenience in which such access of said linked sites will be at your own risk. Nonetheless, Teepid seeks to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
Amendments and Updates